Mr. Liberman concentrates his practice on creditors' rights litigation, collection, commercial litigation, real estate and municipal law. He has extensive experience as both creditors’ attorney and debt collectors’ attorney defending against Fair Debt Collection Practices Act and related claims. His practice includes advising clients on compliance with the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act and other areas related to collection practices. Mr. Liberman represents major corporations, as well as several small and medium-size companies in handling their debt collection and other corporate matters. He also represents financial institutions in preparing commercial loan documents and advising on commercial loan issues. Mr. Liberman also does extensive work for companies in reviewing and preparing closing documents.
Mr. Liberman assists clients with a variety of real estate needs such as preparing contracts, attending closing and enforcing contacts. He has experience litigating all real estate issues, including fraud, misrepresentation and breach of contract claims. Mr. Liberman also assists in municipal law representation of various cities, townships and villages. He is currently the Municipal Attorney for the City of Centerville, Ohio.
Mr. Liberman has lectured on collection issues in Dayton for the National Business Institute. He is a member of the Dayton Bar Association, where he serves on various committees, including the real property committee. He is a member of the Ohio State Bar Association and the Commercial Law League of America.
Mr. Liberman is also active in the Dayton community. He was on the Washington Township Board of Zoning Appeals and was active on the Centerville / Washington Township Comprehensive Planning Committee and its implementation committee. He was a member of the Strategic Planning Committee for the Miami Valley Council of the Boy Scouts of America. He was honored as a 1999 recipient of the Business News’ "40 Under 40", which honored Dayton’s next generation of leaders.
Areas Of Practice
- Creditors' Rights
- Collections Law
- Civil Litigation
- Fair Debt Collection Practices Act Defense
- Real Estate Law
- Corporate Law
- Commercial Litigation
- Municipal Law
- Local Government Law
- Ohio, 1992
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Ohio, 1992
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit, 1993
- University of Dayton School of Law, Dayton, Ohio
- J.D. - 1991
- Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana
- B.S. - 1988
- Lecturer, Collection Issues, National Business Institute
Honors and Awards
- Recipient, "40 Under 40", Dayton Business News, 1999
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Washington Township, Ohio, Board of Zoning Appeals, 1997 to 2004
- Dayton Bar Association
- Centerville / Washington Township Create the Vision Committee
- Ohio State Bar Association, Member
- Commercial Law League of America, Member
- Miami Valley Council of the Boy Scouts of America, Strategic Planning Committee, Member
- City of Centerville, Municipal Attorney