Mr. Bacon brings our clients over 20 years of experience in representing individuals and businesses in matters such as insurance coverage disputes, business disputes and injury and disability claims. His litigation experience includes extensive practice at both the trial and appellate levels throughout State and Federal Courts.
Mr. Bacon has litigated insurance defense matters and personal injury claims throughout Ohio. In the two years prior to joining Altick & Corwin, Co., LPA, his practice focused on representing individuals in appeals over long term disability benefits denials, including claims under the Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974 (ERISA).
Notable decisions Mr. Bacon has argued and won before the Ohio Supreme Court:
Sherwin-Williams Co. v. Dayton Freight Lines, Inc., 112 Ohio St.3d 52, 2006-Ohio-6498, regarding political subdivision immunity; and
Cincinnati Ins. Co. v. Anders, 99 Ohio St.3d 156, 2003-Ohio-3048, regarding an insurer's duty to provide coverage under a homeowner's policy for a failure to disclose property damage in the sale of a home.
Mr. Bacon is a graduate of the University of Cincinnati College of Law. He received his bachelor's degree from Wheaton College. Steve is married and lives in Kettering with his wife and children.
Areas Of Practice
- Civil Litigation
- Insurance Defense
- Personal Injury Law
- Disability Benefits (ERISA)
- Ohio, 1992
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Ohio, 1992
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Ohio, 2012
- U.S. District Court Western District of Michigan, 2012
- U.S. District Court Western District of Wisconsin, 2013
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Wisconsin, 2012
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit, 2013
- University of Cincinnati College of Law, Cincinnati, Ohio
- J.D. - 1992
- Wheaton College
- B.A. - 1989
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Dayton Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- American Bar Association