In the midst of the current concerns regarding the coronavirus, we want our clients to know that the Altick & Corwin Co., L.P.A. office is open for business, but we are restricting visitors from coming to our offices.
Appointments are being handled over the telephone or through facetime and other means of communications.
The attorneys and staff are taking all necessary precautions to keep our employees healthy and physically distanced from each other. As far as we know, none of our employees have tested positive for COVID-19.
We encourage clients to continue to call or email our attorneys. If a call goes to the attorney’s voice mail, the attorney will receive an email of that call. Thus, all calls will be able to be returned to you, but please be patient in waiting for the return call.
We will update you as things change, but in the meantime, please do not hesitate to reach out to us if you have any questions or concerns.
Take care and be safe. Thank you.


An immigration relief (or “administrative relief”) program has not been announced yet. However, you can start collecting the documents listed below now because you may need to provide proof of:

  • Identity
    • Birth certificate and a photo identification (ID). Passport, school or military ID, identification document from your country of origin like a Matricula Consular, or any U.S. document with your name and photo, like a Driver’s License or ID.
  • Entry to the United States Before a Particular Date
    • Immigration record or documents with your date of entry, passport with admission stamp (Form I-94/I-95/I-94W), or travel records.
    • You can also use medical records (including immunization record) or school records.
  • Presence and Residence in the United States From a Particular Date
    • Proof of presence with dates and addresses using immigration documents, government records, medical records, military records, employment records, religious or community organizations records, insurance policies, tax records, etc.
    • bank receipts, financial records, credit card receipts, money order receipts, rental agreements, deeds, mortgages, utility bills, club memberships, etc.
  • Tax Filings
    • If you do not have copies of your past filings, call the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) at 1-800-908-9946 to order a transcript for free.
    • If you have not filed your taxes, ask for an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) by calling 1-800-829-1040 and file them.
  • Employment History
    • Record dates, names, and addresses of the places where you have worked.
  • Possible English Knowledge Requirement
    • You may have to take a basic English course or exam.
  • Application Fee
    • Start saving money for the application fee.
    • Also save money in case you need it for an attorney.
  • Record Keeping
    • Record all of this information in a notebook, keep the original documents, and store them in a safe place.