Home » Immigration Law » Religious Workers

Gaining Visas For Religious Workers

Attorney practicing in religious worker immigration:

If you are a minister or other religious worker who is seeking to come to the United States for work-related purposes, a qualified immigration attorney can help you navigate the application process.

Altick & Corwin will ensure that your visa application is complete, improving the chances that your visa will be approved as soon as possible to allow you to come to the U.S. We are proud to help foreign workers and nonprofit religious associations in the Dayton, Ohio, area with their immigration needs.

Do you require a religious visa? Call 937-608-9460 or toll free 888-542-3148 to schedule a consultation with our dedicated legal team.

Helping You Through The Visa Application Process

Most religious workers will apply for an R-1 temporary nonimmigration religious worker visa. This visa is usually good for three years, and many individuals can have an R-1 visa extended for two additional years.

There are several requirements that must be met to be eligible for an R-1 visa:

  • You must be a member (for at least two years) of the same denomination as the organization you plan to work for.
  • The organization you plan to work for must first file a petition on your behalf.
  • You must be employed by a nonprofit religious organization in the United States.
  • You must work part time, at least 20 hours per week.

Many visa applications are rejected because of incomplete or inaccurate information. Experienced immigration lawyer will ensure that your application is properly filled out and can coordinate with the religious organization you plan to work for to ensure that your visa process goes smoothly.

If you plan to come to the U.S. for a short time, to attend a religious conference or for informal religious worship or study, you may also be eligible for a visitor (B) visa. If you qualify for an R-1 visa, your spouse and unmarried children may also be able to come to the U.S. under an R-2 visa.

Contact Us For Knowledgeable Legal Representation

Do not leave your visa application to chance. Contact Altick & Corwin to speak with an experienced immigration attorney. Call our firm at 937-608-9460 or toll free at 888-542-3148 to schedule a consultation. You may also contact our Dayton office online.

Super Lawyers
Av Preeminent
Avvo Rated Attorney
Avvo Top Immigration Attorney
Avvo Clients' Choice
Avvo Top Contributor 2013
Avvo Top Contributor 2017
Avvo Top Contributor 2017
Lead Counsel Rated